That this Synod receives the Report of the Hymn Book Committee and approves the recommendations:
1. That the present Hymn Book Committee appointed by the Primate at the request of General Synod be
2. That the Hymn Book Committee continue to represent the Church of England in Australia on the Australian
Hymn Book Committee, with a view to ensuring that the proposed combined Australian Hymn Book would be suitable for use in Anglican worship.
3. That the Hymn Book Committee report regularly to the Standing Committee.
4. That when the draft selection of hymns and music for the proposed book is complete, a published report be
referred to Anglicans throughout Australia and their comments invited; after which a final decision in regard to the proposed Hymn Book could be made by General Synod.
5. That meanwhile General Synod shares in the administrative costs of the combined Australian Hymn Book
Committee including the publishing of the report.
6. That the Hymn Book Committee (referred to in recommendation 1 above) communicate with the Liturgical
Commission on the use of hymns in public worship and afford such assistance as may be required by the Liturgical Commission in this regard.
(The Right Reverend C.A. Warren, 22.9.69)